Thursday, September 24, 2009

Wrapped Around my Linger

A friend stopped by tonight. With a case of Miller Lite. By the way, does Miller, or Budweiser for that matter, have exclusive rights to the spelling of "Lite?" It has no other meaning in that context of spelling than for a description for a beer with drinkability. Does it? Is that word in the dictionary? Is it exclusive to beer? Anyway, Tom stopped by with a full case, which we managed to put a big dent into. Thankfully there will be no driving tonight, so rest assured, no additional dents... I'm not such a drinker these days, contrary to my obvious drinking these days, but I had a rot gut full of emptiness, that needed a tank full of gasoline. A case of beer is exactly what the doctor ordered. (How cool would it be, if my doctor actually prescribed to me a case of beer?) Ok, since this conversation keeps wrapping itself around itself, I am signing out and going to bed. Ciao world. I've missed you.

3 comments:

Len Cleavelin said...

RE: "Lite"... good question. I seem to remember that Miller tried to sue Schlitz (when they came out with "Schlitz Light"), to try and get trademark protection for "Lite" (which was originally called "Lite Beer from Miller". They lost.

I just noticed that Miller's finally given up and are calling it "Miller Lite", which is what the rest of us have been calling it since they first started marketing it.

T.Church said...

Yeah... What is Miller thinking trying to sue Schlitz... If anything Schlitz should sue Miller for using the slogan "Champagne of beers."

Anonymous said...

Well, if you ask me, I heard, and I'm shocked that this is probably true, but there's talk that, well, to put it bluntly, it's apparent that from what I can tell, or at least from what I heard, not that I actually pay attention to this kind of talk, but without knowing all the facts it still seems probable that maybe just maybe, if you read between the lines, since there's a lot that's not being said up front about it... uh, what were we talking about?

Matt