Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Kanye Twitty

Kanye has made quite the name for himself lately. He rudely interrupted Taylor Swift's acceptance speech for an award she won at the video awards this past weekend, and then embarked on talk show circuit tour apologizing for his behavior. Some times bad publicity is the best pub, and that's how it seems to be working out for Mr. West. Apparently he has a new CD due to come out soon, and it seemed a good time to be generating a buzz. I dont know anything about Kanye except for what I have heard about him this week. I wouldn't be able to differentiate a Kanye West song from say... Lil Wayne or any other artist from the current hip-hop genre. If I have heard some of his music I haven't realized it, and until his face was splashed all over the media from this latest escapade with Taylor Swift, I didn't even know what he looked like. (I recognized his name from the shelves in the CD department at Best Buy, but for the longest time I thought the name I was reading was Kayne (as in Payne), and not Kanye (as in Kon-Yay). That should tell you how far out of the loop I have become, or at least to what level I listen to the current Hip-Hop sound.) So when I was listening to the local radio talk shows and they were making Kanye West jokes, my mind began to wander... Kanye is a very particular name... Very unique. I couldn't stop thinking about the pronunciation of it, and how it rhymes with Conway. Obviously there is only one Conway, and that's Twitty. As far as I know, there is no other person in the world with the first name of Conway, and I am wondering if there is anybody else in the world with the name of Kanye. It's too bad that Mr. Twitty has died, because I am thinking that the two could have been great together. Would creepy sex-laden old time country songs mix well with the current Hip-Hop genre? You bet your sweet ass they would. What an incredible new sound that would be! With the help of an internet lyrics site (and a little bit of your imagination) the new sound might resonate something like this: (Conway) Hello Darlin It's been a long time (Kanye) I'm tryin to catch the beat, uh I'm tryin to catch the beat I'm tryin to catch the beat, uh uh, uh I'm tryin to catch the beat I need some tracks you tryin to pull tracks out And my rhymes as fittin to blow you tryin to blow backs out Well ok You twisted my arm, I'll asist with the charm, aiyyo Ain't you meet that chick at that conference with yo moms And she's the bomb (Conway) In those tight fitting jeans (Kanye) Now I ain't never tell you to put down ya hands And if ya losin yo high than smoke again (Conway) She needs a lover with a slow hand (Kanye) Yo last week I made one hundred grand (Together) Muuuuuuuuuthaaaafuuuuuuuuckaaas... Yeah boy... That's what I'm talking about.

No comments: