Friday, September 25, 2009

Ahhh... Love the smell of the weekend...

I had this song in my head for over an hour now. For the life of me I couldn't place where I had heard it before, or who sang it. Finally, after I couldn't take it a second longer, I put a line of the lyrics I could remember into the Google search engine, and was relieved to find out that it was good ol' Johnny Cash. It was definitely one of those Duh! moments. Essie and I are kicking it with my daughter this weekend plus her two young grandsons, so I most likely wont be on until early next week. I definitely plan to post a little more regularly then... Until... Here's Johnny: Where the road is dark and the seed is sowed Where the gun is cocked and the bullet's cold Where the miles are marked in the blood and gold I'll meet you further on up the road Got on my dead man's suit and my smilin' skull ring My lucky graveyard boots and a song to sing I got a song to sing, it keeps me out of the cold And I'll meet you further on up the road. Further on up the road Further on up the road Where the way is dark and the night is cold One sunny mornin' we'll rise I know And I'll meet you further on up the road. Now I been out in the desert, just doin' my time Searchin' through the dust, lookin' for a sign If there's a light up ahead, well brother I don't know But I got this fever burnin' in my soul Further on up the road Further on up the road Further on up the road Further on up the road One sunny mornin' we'll rise I know And I'll meet you further on up the road One sunny mornin' we'll rise I know And I'll meet you further on up the road. Have a GREAT weekend... Go Hawks!

1 comment: