Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Record Albums I Will Never Own dept.

While shopping for music in the past, I have purchased a record album or a CD simply because of it's cover. I may have never heard of the band or known little about them, but took a chance on the music based on the art on the cover. My assumption was, that if a band could produce such an intriguing piece of art for their album cover, then they were probably equally capable of producing cool music.

However, the opposite works with THIS album.

While the hit "I Want A Walmart Girl" is in itself mildly intriguing, I just wouldn't be able to get past these two dudes on the cover. They look like a couple of exiled Raider fans on the don't ask-don't tell program...

Not exactly what I am looking for in a rock and roll album.

No comments: