Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Iowa Public Radio To Record Jake Bellows At The Fremont on Thursday

American musician Jake Bellows who hails from Omaha, Nebraska will perform a solo show at the Fremont on Thursday night. The performance will be recorded by Iowa Public Radio.

"I don't really know how that came about," he told me in an email conversation. "But I'm stoked. I'm a big fan. Maybe I just got lucky and somebody there happened to like the music? I was told about it through my friend Caroline."

Jake Bellows (on the right) and a robot in Scottsdale, Arizona a few nights ago. 

Bellows might be better known as the lead singer of Neva Dinova, an Omaha based group that made some marks on the Indie scene. They haven't released an album since their re-issue of their self titled Neva Dinova in 2009 but they have done some collaborative work with Bright Eyes on the One Jug of Wine, Two Vessels EP. Currently he is outlining other ideas. 

"I'm writing some music for a project called Raven that will include two very talented young ladies from Omaha, Nebraska," he explained. "Also scoring a movie, a short film that a friend of mine wrote and directed. His name is James Erstad. The film is called 'Month to Month."

The music of Jake Bellows is a mixture of folk, rock, and psychedelia with undertones of country but overall, his style is a hard to define. He will rotate stage performances with Dan Hutchison (Fetal Pig, Why Make Clocks) with additional sets by Derek Lambert. The Fremont is at the corner of East 9th and Fremont Street just north of I-235 and they have some of the coolest bartenders in town. The show starts at 10:00, but it is free to attend.

No comments: