Friday, February 8, 2019

One Minute Song of the Day - Wasted, by Black Flag and The Circle Jerks

Like your mom, some songs are just too quick and easy not to love.

This is the One Minute Song of the Day.

Today's selection is Wasted by Black Flag and The Circle Jerks.



Originally written by Keith Morris and Greg Ginn, Wasted was recorded for Black Flag’s 1979 debut EP Nervous Breakdown. Morris took the song with him when he left Black Flag to form the Circle Jerks and included it on the band's debut album, Group Sex. Which one do you prefer?



Lyrics:

I was so wasted I was a hippie I was a burnout I was a dropout I was out of my head I was a surfer I had a skateboard I was so heavy man, I lived on the strand I was so wasted I was so fucked up I was so messed up I was so screwed up I was out of my head I was so jacked up I was so drunk up I was so knocked out, I was out of my head I was so wasted I was wasted.





No comments: